ENTRY FORM: DOWNLOAD PDF
The FESTIVAL FILMES SOBRE ARTE is an international film competition in Lisbon/Portugal which promotes films which deal with art, artistic creation and art works. It accepts works of Portuguese and international film makers produced between 2008 - 2016.
The deadline for film submissions is the 15th of July 2016. Later entries are not accepted.
1. Preview copies: DVD with English subtitles
2. Submissions are free
3. Submission are complete if contain the following:
• Preview copy: DVD PAL (Eurozone) with English subtitles
4. Subtitles – for the screening videos in any category, it is indispensable to send the list of subtitles in English and a DVD with the final version of the film in order to prepare electronic subtitles. The screening prints or copies that do not have original versions in English, should have English subtitles.
5. Mail costs – mailing costs of sending the DVDs are the sender’s responsibility.
6. Return of material – the preview films sent for submission will automatically become part of the Festival’s collection and may be used only for cultural purposes without commercial interests.
7. Submission deadline –productions entries will be accepted up to July 15th, 2016 - online and postal date.
8. Internet – once a production is submitted and selected, all information on the entry forms can be made public through the Festival’s Internet site.
9. Films that were submitted in previous editions and were not selected, can not be submitted again.
10. Producer and filmmakers can submit more than one film.
11. Each DVD entry should have just one title.
12. If the director/producer does not follow all the conditions above, the documentary will not be considered by the selection committee.
1. Five films will be awarded (see below). Please note that in 2016, due to the changed production condition, awards in cash, if any, are still to be defined. We are trying our best to find good sponsors to honour your work!
2. Promotional material and screening copies should arrive at the Festival’s head office latest 10 days before the event (dates still to be announced).
4. Shipping costs of sending the selected films are the sender’s responsibility. The value declared for customs must not exceed 10 dollars.
5. The festival does not pay screening fees.
6. Filmmakers/producers who have signed the entry form have authorized the screening of the submitted film one or twice during the festival.
7. Filmmakers/producers who have signed the entry form have authorized/or not authorized (please mention on the form) the screening of the submitted film in the planned extensions of the festival in the cities Faro and Oporto in Portugal. If the films are selected for the extensions without tat a competition is held, the festival tries to arrange extra screening fees.
7. Filmmakers of selected films automatically authorize the transmission of a maximum of 2 minute of showing time on TV and/or Internet for the promotion of the Film Competition.
The jury will consist of one or two major filmmaker and/or artist, together with 3-4 students of art and film (subject due to change).
The jury will give the following awards:
A. GOLDEN HARE
B. SILVER HARE
C. IRON HARE for the film which reflects the importance of arts in human society in the most original way
D. SPECIAL MENTION
E. SPECIAL MENTION
The event is also open for partnerships which result in different awards to be announced during the Festival’s award ceremony.
COMO CONCORRER / SUBMIT A FILM